5.05.2007

Fifteen.

Have you ever just had that gut feeling that something big is about to happen? Like you can sense that good change or growth is near?

I'm so ready for the summer! The summer is always a great time for spiritual growth, considering that all school stress is out of the picture. There is 31 days until school's out, but I don't want to wait! I want to start getting deeper in God now!

This weekend I've been really desiring to be in God's presence. I have this great longing to get close to Him tomorrow at church, in the "corporate" worship setting. I sort of hear God whispering, "Come, now is the time for worship. You are welcome. Here I am. I'm waiting, Timothy. Give it a go! Now's the right time. I'll show you what My presence is! It's going to be great! I love you! Now, you love me."

It's times like that when I want to respond in worship. When I want to get deep in singing and rejoicing in the great things He has brought to my life. I say to God, "Here am I, all of me. I wanna go deeper. Pour out your spirit, oh God! I come to You for comfort and peace, Abba Father! Your grace is enough. In fact, it's overwhelming! Praise God! Hallelujah! You are good! I am not, but thank God, I know I AM! Rejoice in the Lord always because He cares enough to die for such a dirty sinner like me. Though You are big, You love me, no matter how small I am. I love you! I do love you, with all that is within me!"

Needless to say, I'm ready to redefine myself in God's presence, to find who I really am and where I'm really going and how I need to get there. Thank God that He's with me every step I take, guiding me and molding me into the passionate worshipper that He has called me to be.



The more I seek You,
The more I find You.
The more I find You,
The more I love You.

I wanna sit at Your feet,
Drink from the cup in Your hand,
Lay back against You and breathe,
Feel Your heart beat.

This love is so deep;
It's more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace,
It's overwhelming.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know the feeling T Hill--I'm excited about the summer as well. It sounds like you've been doing some Louie Giglio reading...I'm proud of you for wanting to grow.

Alex Johnson said...

I like that song at the end..I remember when Mrs. Melissa Ring sang it one night at the Deepening last summer..It was really neat to hear her practicing it.