4.24.2007

Fourteen.

Frustration.

I hate it. I like to know what is going on ahead of time and to be absolutely sure about it happening the way it should.

Currently, I'm dealing with frustration. May 10th is a Thursday, the day I have piano lessons each week. This one happens to be the last one before my piano recital. Well, my choir teacher at school, Mrs. Harris, is apparently having some sort of after-school rehearsal that day for two performances which happen to be another one of my problems. These performances are Friday and Saturday, May 11th and 12th. Our choirs are singing with the Arkansas Symphony. ...Big deal and I'm excited about it, but as you may know, the Young Warriors Weekend is on that Friday, too. During the service I am in a human video and will be singing with the worship team. Well, these two events obviously conflict with each other, which brings frustration into my life. [Sigh....] I asked my choir teacher if it would be excused if I just missed the Friday night performance without losing a ton of points, on account of another event that is very important to me and that I'm already committed to being apart of. She said that it wouldn't be excused and that the only religious excuse for missing one of the performances is for this Jewish girl that isn't supposed to be out after sundown for some holiday or something on Friday. Then she told me to "see if I could get it worked out." [Another sigh....]

So I got home and told my mom that she said it wouldn't be excused and reminded her that for the past 5 years I've had straight A's in Vocal Music and that one B or C isn't going to make me cry or anything. She said she'd right a note explaining that to the teacher, so I was fine with that.... Until I told her about maybe not being able to go the Thursday after-school rehearsal because of piano lessons, which is the day before the Symphony thing.

Right now, I'm waiting for tomorrow to see what time the rehearsal will be over on the Thursday, so that if we're done by at least 5:30, I can switch lessons with Jonathan (we have the same teacher...I go at 5:30 to 6 on Thursdays and he goes from 6 to 7).

I hate not knowing things! Its like a kid waiting ever-so impatiently for his mom to get home so he can ask about spending the night with his best friend. The poor kid is just tired of not knowing; he's just ready to be able to call his friend and say, "YES! I can come over!"

{God, help me have peace and a calm spirit about all of this. I don't want to be a worry-wart (After all, who wants to be a wart? HA! [That was my comic relief portion of the post, in case you didn't notice.]). Let me find out what I need to find out and make the best decisions this week. Thank You for being with me in the fire, even if it is only a little-bitty fire.}

Pray that everything works out and that I can make it to the Thursday rehearsal, piano lessons, the Young Warriors Weekend, and the Arkansas Symphony performance on Saturday, which is a lot, I know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

its alright tim...everything will work out..

Brian Dollar said...

you will figure it out, bro! I sure hope we can see you at YW, but I know how it is to have major schedule conflicts. Hard when teachers aren't flexible with prior commitments.

kathy b. said...

We all have times when everything in our schedules doesn't mesh well together. It's important to remember that God knows what is important and that we can't do everything and that we can't please everybody and that He really does have a plan and that He knows what is best...well, you get the point. You know, the whole Proverbs 3:5-6 thing. T., I can't wait to hear how you and God work this out together! Great learning opportunity!

PatrickLander said...

I can't wait to hear how it all works out. You can learn so much during times of frustration - keep your eyes open!

Unknown said...

Just be submissive and patient. God knows your heart and your desires. I wish I could tell you it will work out and you will go to the retreat, but what if God put you elsewhere to speak to someone He wants you to speak life into? Play both sides and realize God's got it all taken care of.
Praying for you

Alex Johnson said...

I'm sure everything will work out fine!