4.05.2007

Twelve.

I've been thinking all day about a good topic for this week's blog, but couldn't think of anything. I thought about talking about music, but couldn't decide what to say, so I finally decided to put one of my songs (and Jonathan's) on here. Jonathan and I wrote this song last summer and made a few adjustments recently. I'll probably put more of my songs on here as time passes. Tell me what you think and maybe I will show you how it goes sometime.
[I couldn't get the chords to show up right, but so you know and if you even care, it's in the key of G.]
Here's Our Song
Words and music by
Jonathan Pillow & Timothy Hill
Verse 1:
When the righteous see our God in action; they’ll laugh, they’ll sing!
They’ll know God’s Spirit’s alive in every generation.
They’ll laugh and sing for joy!

Verse 2:
All the nations bless God with a passion; they love to praise!
‘Cause God gives power and strength to all who worship.
We live to praise You, Lord!

Pre-Chorus:
Listen, Father, to the sound of all Your people’s praises!

Chorus:
Here’s our song, O God!
We lift You up with
All our hearts and souls!
We live to praise You, Lord

Verse 3: (2x)
Let all God’s children prepare their hearts for worship; they live to praise!
They’ll spend their lives in constant acclamation.
We live to praise You, Lord!

Bridge:
Ha – llelu – jah! (4x) (We live to praise You!)
(drums only)

Ha – llelu – jah! (2x)

Tag:
We live to praise You, Lord! (3x)
We live to praise You, Lord!

4 comments:

Michael said...

we should get together sometime and go through some of the songs we are working on; you, jp, jeff and myself. i would love to have you guys over to my house to write music and groove it out.

Timothy Hill said...

HA! "Groove it out...."

Randy said...

i can't wait to hear it at thehouse some day

PatrickLander said...

"Groove it out" is a great phrase!!!
I want to hear it next time you're here. Love the lyrics