4.16.2007

Thirteen.

Over the past few months, I have really began to develop some meaningful relationships with certain people in my life. When I say that, friends like Brian Harte, Jonathan Pillow, Stephanie Ott, Jill Jacobs, Chris France, and John Rennard come to mind. I cherish these relationships.

I wonder, have you ever really thought about relationships? Have you taken the time to realize how important they are in the development of your character?

Just think about it.... God made a lot of people. And we have the opportunity to find the right people to share and combine strengths and build one another up and to walk together towards Christ everyday. Thank God for friends because without them I would be a helpless individual, stranded in the middle of loneliness, wondering how I'll ever give God what He deserves by myself.

Even Jesus had close friends. In fact, I bet if He was writing this blog he would've listed names like John, Matthew, Luke, Mark, Judah, Peter, and Paul. They stuck together and stood up for each other, gave each other a hand when needed, laughed together, prayed together, and ate together. That's friendship, isn't it? People who love each other enough to sit down and talk over a meal, or share a few laughs, or pray for each other.

That's what I love about hanging out with those friends. They spend time with me and make an effort to show me that they care about me. And all the way, they help me grow. These friends are the kind of people that don't talk behind my back or lie to me. You wonder how I know? Its because we share a thing called trust. And trust is great! To know that around these people I can be comfortable.

Thank you friends for investing your time and energy into my life! You make me feel safe when I'm around you. You make me feel loved and you grow me closer to Christ. Thanks! I cherish your friendships!

10 comments:

Brian Dollar said...

Tim, your writing skills are really improving. This is well-written. I am glad you are valuing the positive relationships God has placed in your life. Continue to pursue a deeper involvement in these relationships. Seek to positively influence the character of others as much as these friendships have influenced you. You are developing into an amazing man of God. I remember when... :-)

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, T.Hill. You are wise beyond your years and a major blessing in my life. It's so easy to take relationships for granted...and they're one of God's greatest gifts.

Unknown said...

Friends? Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Relationships are what were created for....I can't imagine life without them. Good writing THILL!!!

Unknown said...

Proverbs 27:17 (NIV) As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

It's good to have a few good quality, high character, in your face kind of people to make us sharp. Great job T Hill. I am amazed everytime I read one of your blogs--very proud of you.

steph said...

AWW TIMOTHY! This is soo cute! I'm sooo glad we've become so close. I enjoy every moment I'm with you guys hanging out, and I am so thankful that I'm finally where God wants me to be. All of you are great inspirations in my life, and I really value each of you for the fact that you are my TRUE friend. A friend that I do laugh with and that is always watching out for me and has my best interest at heart.

Well, I won't make this very long, but that was a great post Tim. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, too.

kathy b. said...

Relationships are foundational to everything we do in life...and make everything we do richer, more meaningful. The older I get, the more grateful I am for the people God has brought into my life...like you.

LRFilmGeek said...

It's so awesome you have those good friendships. I am so blessed to have as many friends as a do and from all over the country. And I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of your comments on my blogs.

PatrickLander said...

friends and trust are powerful things. Great insight!

Alex Johnson said...

That's nice..I don't know what I would do without my friends either. They are what truly keeps me going at times.