3.30.2007

Eleven.

To type "Eleven." for the title seems so cool because I have started a weekly tradition that could last me a lifetime for all I know. Someday, when I'm at "Five-hundred and fifty-two." I'll look back and see what was going on in my teenage life and laugh a little I'm sure. By then I'll be a worship leader and maybe have written a book or two. I'll probably have a wife and kids, as well. Isn't that cool? Now seems like it's as good as it will ever be and that now IS my life, but it's not. There's a later and an in the future. But it's up to me now, how I make the later and in the future happen.

[long pause in the reading of this post]

I'm reading a book by Louie Giglio called "i am not but i know I AM". It's great. I really love his writing after reading "The Air I Breathe", so I bought it this week and started reading. He says that the real story of life is God--I AM--the main character and true star of time and eternity. He is at center stage in all of Creation, and He wants you to know Him by name. Knowing I AM means celebrating your smallness in light of His greatness.

That's awesome. To know the huge and powerful Creator of the universe by His name. It's not just that He knows my name, but that I actually know His, too. So, we're friends with the Maker of all things. It's the realization that I am small and that God is big, yet I can be up-front and personal with Him that amazes me. And also that since we are little and He is big, we don't need to waste our time making a big deal out of ourselves. We need to constantly put the light on God, which we know commonly as worship.

I encourage you to read this book, if you haven't already. It has definitely changed my way of thinking about life and mine and Christ's relationship. Thanks for reading this week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First comment belongs to me - you are right - it is a great book!

Anonymous said...

i cannot wait for your later and in the future - but enjoy your now.

kathy b. said...

You have discovered a great key: that your later and your future depends in large part on YOU in your now. You're making a great start. I'll still be reading at #552!

PatrickLander said...

It is my habit to read your weekly post - it just seems right! Every week your thoughts and perspective challenge me, I love it. I can't wait to read your book...in the future