3.01.2007

Seven.

I like the number 7.

I also like rain. And it rained today.

It was sort of uncomfortable wearing a backpack and holding a tux, bag, and umbrella at the bus stop this morning, but that didn't bother me too much. As a matter of fact, I overcame my circumstances well enough to listen to the peaceful drumming of the rain on my umbrella. I decided once I was on the bus that my favorite sound was rain, specifically rain that beats on an umbrella.

The whole rain thought led me on to remember Jason Dorsey's (AR Youth Alive missionary) illustration when he spoke at G5 Effect, Feb. 23rd, about the journey just one water molecule takes and has taken and will take during the existence of Earth. He made me come to a realization that there are just as many water molecules as their always has been and always will be. And they are the exact same molecules as they have been and will be. This is simply because of the nature of the water cycle.

I'm thinking...wow! This rain that I'm listening to on my umbrella while I have a handful of tuxes and bags and things quite possibly could be the same water that was evaporated out of Adam and Eve's bath, so to say, or better yet from the water Jesus was baptized in, or the water Pastor John spit out when he brushed his teeth with a few weeks ago (thank God for the water purification people at Central Arkansas Water). Who knows where my umbrella water has been!

That's what is neat. God knows where it has been. He remembers making that water molecule. Of all the droplets in the world, he remember that umbrella droplet specifically. He knows where it's been and where it is headed.

Same with us! He knows where we've been and exactly where we're going. He cares about us and wouldn't let us go down some other "water molecule's" path.

Don't worry. God is on your side. He'll never let you go. You are His. He knows exactly who you are and He cares enough to send you the right direction, just like he knows about the rain I like to listen to.

I hope you like my analogy. It's quite a bit different, but I kind of like it.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - Timothy you are a great thinker and writer! This one needs to be read by everyone. I am proud of you!

P.Rod

kathy b. said...

May I call you T. Lucado? Or maybe Max Hill? Whatever...I wonder if there could there be a book in your future? You could start with a compilation of all of your blogs. Fascinating reading!

I believe in you,

Kathy B.

Chris said...

What a cool blog. Way to go T!!!!

PatrickLander said...

I am blown away - wow - words can't even come to mind to describe how awesome that illustration is. You are headed for great things. What a great thinking process, and writing it so clearly that it applies to everyone's life.

Isn't it cool to realize just how awesome God is!

Alex Johnson said...

Wow..
I will never think of rain as just rain anymore
It is so amazing how God created these little things to supply our needs and he gives us the knowledge to learn about them.

Way to go, Tim!