3.19.2007

Nine.

Fresh. Renewed. Sure. Alive.

I am these.

Life has been quite a mess these last few days. Thursday I thought I was going to explode, I had so many things to do. For Friday, I had two projects due (simple, but important) and two tests (Algebra 2 PAP, and World History PAP), as well as piano lessons from 5:30-6. That night I worked and worked and got my projects done. Friday came and I didn't even finish my math test. I had about seven questions left. Then I took my history test and who knows how I did on that. 80% of the class usually gets D's and F's on every test, after studying. After that the day was great. I went to Fine Arts and worked sound with P.J. in the Reality Room. And Saturday was great, too, except that I was very tired. By Sunday morning, I wasn't ready for church and I really didn't feel like worshipping. I was ready to nap in Sunday School, SLAM, and Drama practice.

But tonight during worship, I thought back to what Pastor Rod said this morning and knew that God was with me the whole time and that He is taking care of me. After I realized that, I felt like worshipping and suddenly became excited and awake in His presence.

At a certain point of the service, I stopped singing. Not because I was tired, but because I noticed something that I don't guess I've ever really listened to. I heard an entire congregation singing to God with passion. I heard a church that loves God and loves each other. I heard keenagers and young adults and students and little kids singing in unison to the same God for different reasons.

I began to thank God for a worship leader that puts his heart and time and energy into planning and leading services that initiate intimate connection with the Creator. I thanked Him for a senior pastor that has a passion for reaching the lost and for truly caring about every soul. I thanked Him for youth pastors that care about their students and their students' friends and campuses; who have devoted their lives to growing students into rock-solid Christ-followers.

Our church made me proud. Congratulations, First Assembly! You're doing it right. You're doing exactly what God desires from us.

The moral of the story: God is with us in the fire. We just have to look for Him. I found Him tonight, waiting to wrap His arms around me and give me blessed assurance.

4 comments:

PatrickLander said...

Isn't it awesome that we can always find God, no matter what we are feeling or what we are going through if we will stop and listen for Him. He really is incredible and worthy of all our worship.

I'm proud of you for choosing to worship even when you don't always feel like it. You are an incredible leader

PatrickLander said...

by the way - this is the first time I was 1st "officially"!

kathy b. said...

You made me cry, T. Hill. My thanks is for a student who "gets it" and is leading the way for a whole new generation of Christ-followers. Love ya, T.

Kathy B.

Anonymous said...

great words t-hill! and yes four blogs is insanity :)