2.21.2007

Six.

Okay, P.Rod this post is for you! Haha.

Since we're getting ready to have our 3rd Connect With God Night this Sunday, I've decided to talk about worship.

Now, obviously, I love to worship and to express my worship with music. But, what is my music compared to my entire life? Why do we find ourselves so often leaving out the key part of why we were created?

If you made a world with living beings, wouldn't you want those beings that you put so much effort into and care so much about to give you credit for making them and to recognize your superiority? I know I would. Think about how God feels when we, His living beings, don't give Him credit for our lives and recognize how big and mighty He is. I'd be frustrated if I were Him. I'd want at least a little bit of love from my people.

That's what God wants: love, worship.

That's worship! It's love and recognition for God's existance. He made us to love Him and give Him the glory. And not just some of the glory, but all of the glory we can give. He expects us to live our everyday lives for His glory. Not just during our 10 minute quiet time; or only when we sing in the car; or just when we go to church--but all the time! He takes care of us all the time, so why can't we worship Him all the time?

I want to make God a bigger part of who I am. I want Him to be my style; the way I look and act. I want God as deep in my heart as I can get Him. I want to worship. And not just sing songs and read the Bible and pray, but to live and breathe Godliness, holiness.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

T Hill - profound. I'm copying it and putting it on my blog.

P.Rod

PatrickLander said...

Wow - I wish I would have had that last night to share with Reality. Powerful stuff!

kathy b. said...

Wow, T. - you said it well. We are having our own version of connect with God night in Reality soon. I would love for you to be a part of it.

Michael said...

I liked what you said about God being your "style...the way you look and act". That's cool.