2.12.2007

Five.

Procrastination....

I'm actually, believe it or not, a procrastinator. I basically only do what I feel like doing or what seems fun to me.

That's bad, I know. I always say to myself, 'Oh, I'll do that right after I...' or 'I need to get that done' or write down in my school planner "work on ____ project," but almost every single time, I don't do it right after anything or get it done early or work on projects. Basically, I wait until the night before something is due and then do it real quick, praying all the while that I finish and that I'll get a good grade.

That stinks. I don't like being a procrastinator. So don't think I was boasting about my incredible skills of putting things off just then. I wasn't.

Pretty much, I'm expecting some good advice or encouragement to stop putting things off.

Anything to say...?

1 comment:

kathy b. said...

I used to be a horrible procrastinator! Basically, I was like you and wanted to do what was fun at the moment.

How did I change? I realized that there were so many things that I enjoyed in life that I would never get to do if I continued to procrastinate! I tried to think long-term and decide what I really wanted to accomplish in life and figure out how what I did every day affected that. So, something may not seem "fun" at the moment but, looking down the road, I can see that it benefits me to do it now.

Also, the busier my schedule gets, the less I can afford to procrastinate. Anything I don't do today comes back to haunt me tomorrow - and ties up time that could be used for something really important - like people. Once you miss a couple of great opportunities because you are busy doing yesterday's work, you won't want that to happen again.

T., I'm sure you'll get this thing figured out. I would challenge you to examine your priorities and your goals in life and decide how you want to use your time to the best advantage. I believe in you, T.!