1.20.2007

Two.

Last Wednesday I had the opportunity to lead worship in Reality by myself. It was my second time to do it, and let me tell ya--it was GREAT! I love leading worship. In fact, I plan to be a worship leader when I "grow up." This is what I live for. God made me to do this and I really enjoy it. I thank Him for the leaders like Mike Winslow, Pastor Steve, Pastor Rod, and Chris France that are apart of my journey and who have helped mold me into the person I am now. (One of them, particularly, has made the most incredible impact on my life since I was a wee little 6th grader).

In case you haven't noticed or don't remember me as a 6th grader, Pastor Steve is my role model. I like who he is and what he does. He is the perfect example of leadership. I don't "follow" him because he's perfect and I want to be exactly like him and copy his every move. I "follow" him because he is heading towards God full-speed and is way ahead of me on the same path that I have chosen to take, worship leading. All the way I go on the journey of worship leading and leadership itself, P.Steve is guiding me.

I love that. Imagine what last Wednesday would have been like if someone like Pastor Steve hadn't been apart of my life for the past 5 years. I'm sure it would have been a disaster.

[Thanks, Pastor Steve for teaching me and for caring about me. That means a lot. P.Steve, you have made my 2nd Blogger topic because you are one of the biggest parts of my journey as a Christ-follower, a leader, and a worshipper. Thanks! I love you!]

For the rest of you 2 or 3 that read this thing (which is pitiful, by the way, that only three people commented on the last one...and I really hope more people start commenting on my posts), thanks for reading this even though it has nothing to do with anything that really concerns you. I just really thought it necessary to sort of dedicate a post to the guy that has inspired me the most during my Christian walk.

[Chris, I hope you read this one fast, too, because I wrote a lot again. LOL!]

7 comments:

Unknown said...

T -

Great thoughts. There is no doubt - choosing whom you will follow is one of the biggest keys in life. Good choice with P.Steve!

R

Randy said...

i read your blog

prandy

Brian Dollar said...

I read it, too. I also want to be like Pastor Steve.

I am sure glad to hear that you want to lead worship so bad. You are leading everything in SLAM in two Sundays while I am in Thailand!
:-)

I will get the list to you this week.

- PB

kathy b. said...

T. -

I think you did a great job leading worship in Reality! Isn't it great to be able do something you are gifted at and enjoy so much? Looks like you are taking some great steps to "grow up" into the future God has in store for you. I'm proud of you, T. Hill.

Love ya,

Kathy B.

PatrickLander said...

You did an amazing job. I am so proud of you and your heart for worship!

Unknown said...

I am humbled by your words and was beeming with joy watching you lead worship in Reality. Your passion for God's presence is evident not only when you lead worship, but in the songs you write and in your conversation. You are an incredible learner and devoted follower of Jesus Christ.

Oh what I would have given to have had the opportunities you have been given at your age. You will only become better. I love the journey!

Michael said...

T. Hill. I am so proud of you!!!! I love you like a brother and I am glad that you enjoy leading worship. It is an honor and incredible privilege. You have accepted that with respect and humility. Thanks T. Hill.

Learning and walking with you,

-Mike Winslow