1.21.2009

Thirty.

I haven't blogged in a really long time.  But I know it it something I want to do regularly.

I apologize for neglecting my journaling.  Sometimes we neglect the most important things in our life.  Why?  I'm not sure.

I have neglected some things in my life for too long, and now I publicly commit to stepping up my game.  

I will have a consistent quiet time because you can't lead someone where you haven't been yourself.  
I will balance my checkbook weekly because once every 2 months is clearly not enough.  
I will blog weekly because I want to be as cool as BooMama and Big Mama (comic relief).  
I will create and follow a schedule for each day of work at the church because too many times have I forgotten to do something important or procrastinated with something that requires more time than the "last minute."

I will.  I'm setting high standards, but as a leader, these are things that should've never been neglected in the first place.  I will not do that again.  

Oh, and one more "will."  I will brush my teeth everyday now.

Just kidding, that's something I've been doing for years.  I really try to avoid halitosis at all cost.

In the words of the Reality Exit loop on the side screens, "Y'all come back, ya hear!?"  (Clever idea.)

4 comments:

Alex Johnson said...

This is neat. I recently started setting new goals doing things I should've been doing all along. Back in November, I decided to step up my quiet time because I really didn't think it was that effective. And earlier this week I even decided to step up some other areas. I love a challenge..especially when it benefits me as well as others. I know you will do great at all of these things and it will only help you grow and let you help us grow. I'm praying for you!

[[And that loop was very..cool? Anyways, keep brushin'!]]

Tara said...

Nice list. I don't brush my teeth anymore, it was my New Year's Resolution, and I already broke it! You should try it; it definitely keeps people away that you don't want to talk to!

Unknown said...

It really says "Y'all come back ya hear?" on the reality loop ?

Anonymous said...

Proud of you Timothy. It really is true- if you can establish healthy habits early in life it really will benefit you long-term. Now here is my commitment to you- I am only going to continue to read and post on this blog if you actually keep it update- every four months just isn't going to cut it! You the man!