1.27.2009

Thirty-One.

These next few months will hold some very bittersweet moments for me.

I have been working on scholarship applications and essays these past two days, and I, at moments, I am so excited to become a college student in September.  However, at other moments, I am thoroughly depressed about leaving high school, my home, and epecially about leaving Reality.

I have done a lot of growing during my time in Reality, and I thank God for people like Pastor Steve, Pastor Patrick, Pastor John Van Pay, Mrs. Kathy, Mike Winslow, and Pastor David and Sharon Barnes, who have invested so much time in my life and in my spiritual growth.

I also would like to publicly thank Pastor Rod, who has blessed me beyond words.  Thanks, P.Rod, for total support and for being that strong push in the right direction.  You mean so much to me and it is a huge honor to be close to you and to be able to serve you!

With moving forward in life, comes some looking back and some evaluation, in order to make the moving forward a little more smooth and successful.  These are the days of looking back, and the moments of evaluation.  These next 4 years will be an incredible growth spurt for me, and I can't wait to see how God is going to use me!

2 comments:

Alex Johnson said...

It's hard to imagine leaving something you've been a part of for so many years. The day I have to leave Reality is going to be very sad for me, too. Believe it or not, you've taught me a lot. Kinda made me step out a little and not be affraid-take ownership when it comes to things like worship and organization. I still don't know a lot, but I definitely wouldn't know half as much about equipment and care if it weren't for helping you the past year and a half. Thanks for being a great friend and leader! I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Reading your latest post was a bittersweet moment for me as well! I am so proud of you for pursuing your God-given dreams and working to become your best, but I am also sad at the thought of you leaving us.
What we have to remember is this: God takes us through seasons in our lives, and ALL of His seasons are good! If we trust Him and trust His plan, we have to believe that He will give us the grace for EVERY season as we stay connected to Him. And these relationship connections we have made along the way, whether they are for a season or for a lifetime, are for our mutual joy and blessing and benefit. I am so glad that you have been a part of this season of my life and look forward to seeing everything God will do in and through you in the seasons to come. I love and believe in you!