1.05.2008

Twenty-two.

I'm not going back; I'm moving ahead
I'm here to declare to You: my past is over
In You, old things are made new
I surrendered my life to Christ
I'm moving, moving forward

These words have begin to sink in and settle in my heart and I've decided this:

What's been done before and the things of the past, of last year, or last week, or a few minutes ago--those things that didn't work out, held me back, or didn't move me or push me towards excellence as a Christ-follower--those things don't matter now. I have new visions and dreams and new goals to set, creating new choices to make. It's a new day, and I'm going to rejoice and be glad in it and that God gave me a second chance when he sacrificed His Son 2,ooo years ago.

When I dwell in the past, I've decided to repeat the same trip I've taken before. What I found at the end of the road yesterday, I'm going to find the same today. I need to pick a new route, in order to see new results. Pastor Ben said this recently: "You can't keep doing the same old things and expect different results." That's so true.

And when he said that, I decided that I needed to grow and progress. I can't expect for new things to arise and keep doing the same old stuff over and over. I need to change in order for things to change. Mike tells me often that you can't lead people where you haven't already been. So if I want the students in Reality to grow as worshippers and to become more passionate, I have to do that. If I want them to seek God, I need to.

So, that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to set out on a new and improved spiritual journey to seek God in all things and to dig into His Word and listen for His guidance. God has plans for me and sometimes I think I miss them because I simply become too lazy to listen or too lazy to ask Him what to do.

This year, I plan to wake up a whoppin' 15 minutes earlier so that I can talk to God and listen to what He has in store for me. And since it is so difficult for me to wake up early, I need to work myself into going to bed earlier. Please pray that I can do these things in order to grow closer to God, who longs to build a relationship with me.

As for me--I'm moving forward!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you Timothy!

Alex Johnson said...

Tim, this is awesome! Those words have sunk into me, too and I am also trying to move forward. Being teenagers, it seems like laziness and being tired all the time come naturally and are expected of us. Sometimes, you have to put your foot down, and make yourself do things that you normally wouldn't do all to better yourself.

I am proud of you and hope to grow along with you.

kathy b. said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start to 2008! Challenging words for us of all ages - I'm with you, T. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'm moving with you!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you, but I'm right with you on your journey to go deeper!

PatrickLander said...

I'm joining you in going deeper - not looking back! You're growing so much - great job