7.12.2008

Twenty-Six.

I wonder - does everyone struggle to be consistently genuine?

So many times I notice myself show a different personality around certain people or reserve a part of my true personality around other people, afraid that if they knew who I really was, they wouldn't like me or would look at me differently.

I really want to become a genuine person and lose the masks.

I want to be a passionate follower of Christ who loves people and to see them grow in Christ and be involved in passionate worship experiences. I want to well-represent God and the people I'm teamed up with in life, presenting a constantly growing leader who, sure, has his struggles, but never gives up and never looks back.

I want to be that, and that all the time - whether I'm in my office (still sounds weird to say), or on stage, or at school, or at home (that's a hard one), or anywhere else. I want to be real everywhere I go.

That is my personal challenge from here on out. I will be consistently me.

1 comment:

Alex Johnson said...

wow. This made me think about how I can be different. My personality I feel is kind of quiet, but others would disagree. It sometimes seems that my weirdness and random rambling part of me only comes out around certain people. Sure you connect with people differently, but I want to be able to be the talkative, interesting person some people see me as..instead of the quiet awkward person I can sometimes be. Maybe it depends on my day, but it's a challenge.